Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I’ll keep laying out plans

I know that plans often don’t work out. I do recognize it. It’s just that setting the lists gives me guidance and helps me keep motivated as well as keeping moving.

You can guess by this preface that I didn’t do so hot at my list last night. It was a combination of two factors: schedule shifting and a bit of motivation lack. Paul was working on a project and so he got home at almost 8 instead of around 5 like usual, so I had less flexibility to get little things done in the pre-Trajan bedtime hours. Then, I had to take the loan car back to the dealership, pick up mine and discuss the install of the tow-package next week. All things combined, I really didn’t even think about getting anything done until 9:15.

The second issue was motivation. I try not to be hard on myself when I’m doing stuff willingly, but I’m not gung ho. I save giving myself grief about motivation for when I’m just flat out not doing things rather than when I’m doing them slowly or without pizzazz. And last night I didn’t have that eagerness that I have most of the time when I’m working on this.

I did accomplish things though. I sorted the mail while playing the Trajan after we got home, I got him fed, bathed and ready for bed. I completed two loads of laundry entirely. And I was very good at the rewards side of things! I played 21 songs worth of guitar hero and drank a full 750 ml of Italian Soda.

So, there are still things left on my list, but I’m ok with that. Honestly, I’ve come to realize that as long as I give at least one days worth of solid, eager work a week and I put in at least a couple “clutter rule of 10”s a day and try to do no harm, I’m good with myself.

I’m anticipating some good work over the weekend, so we’ll see if my trust in myself is justified!

No comments: