Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Brief Reflection on the Clutter Diet site itself

I followed a link from a posting in the Clutter Diet member forums to a site called www.flylady.net leading to an instant realization about part of why I was initially drawn to the Clutter Diet. All of the websites associated, the main clutterdiet.com, the blog and the member's areas are neat. A lot of information is conveyed in ways that it can be easily accessed and utilized.

Seriously, if you have a minute, go look at www.flylady.net and www.clutterdiet.com. The constrast is instant.

My guess is that the flylady site just evolved over time and that's why it has such a motley, cobbled-together appearance. I wonder if they're even aware of the message it sends.

I honestly didn't put much time into researching programs and options when I was looking for a tool to help me with the house situation. I'm in Austin and I remembered the program, looked it up, decided it looked like a good idea and went for it. Based on this first examination of another resource, it was definitely the right decision. Perhaps I'll continue doing the research I normally would have done in advance and let yall know my results and identify some of the strengths and weaknesses of the Clutter Diet, particularly in contrast to other related products.

No comments: